Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cake Pennant Toppers


Life has been busy, but there is always time for birthday's and cake. Recently a friend of mine asked me to make a birthday cake for his wife. Nothing fancy just a cake. I wanted to portray my friends personality which is fun and artistic and she is a new mommy as well. (we had our son's on the same day)

I've made birthday pennants before but none as tiny as this. All you need are two wooden dowels, string, paper, hot glue and scissors. I cut a diamond out of the paper, folded it in half over the string and hot glued it shut. Tie the two ends of string to the wooden dowels and insert into your cake. The hardest part is choosing what paper you want to use.

Here are some of the pictures I used for inspiration. I am henceforth addicted! 








No comments:

Post a Comment