Friday, January 13, 2012

Chore Chart



My girls have been relatively good at doing their chores but lately they have lacked motivation. As I was browsing Pinterest (my absolute FAVORITE website) I found this idea for making your own chore chart. It was super easy and the girls LOVE it.

All you need is some scrapbooking paper, a sheet protector, and some magnetic tape. You create your own chart or you can use the template that is provided on the website and print it on your favorite scrapbooking paper. One of my daughters likes pink and the other purple so I chose sheets with those colors. Then put the paper in the sheet protector and put two strips of magnetic tape on the back of the sheet protector. I placed our charts on the refrigerator since that is a place the girls see every day.

 I personalized the chores for each girl. One has a hard time keeping her crumbs on her plate so she is now sweeping under her chair after meals. (she thinks this is fun!) The younger daughter needs to learn how to dress herself so that is on her chart. I really liked some of the chore suggested that were listed by Stacie. As the girls grow they will be my laundry helper or kitchen helper. 

Every day the girls put an "X" next to their accomplished chore with a dry erase marker and at the end of the week I can just wipe the sheet protector clean and start over next week. 
Now if only I earned an allowance for doing my chores every week!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment