Monday, July 12, 2010

Sewing - Martha Stewart's projects


As you know, I get a lot of inspiration from Martha Stewart. When I saw this book at my Costco I had to pick it up, even though my first sewing endeavor in years was last week. All I can say is, buy it and learn!
It is FULL of wonderful ideas and the instructions on how to do the projects are very detailed and easy to follow. It even had a section that explains the different types of fabric there are and there are a lot!


You may be thinking, pumpkins...it's July right? Imagine them as great pin cushions! My next project is to make one of these with some left over printed fabric that I have. Ambitious, yes, but I think it will be fun to make and I cannot find what I like in stores so why not make it?


I have come to the conclusion that there is no reason a duvet cover should cost more than $20 and until recently, at Target, I have failed to find one. The whole reason I bought a duvet was so that I could change the cover at my whim. (as it turns out that whim would cost, on average, $55 per cover) This pattern calls for two flat sheets sewn together and voila! 



All I can say about this is please grab a pretty pillowcase and make this! It is super easy and adorable.

There are many, many more ideas on Martha Stewart so please check it out and start sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment