Friday, April 1, 2011

Nursery Art

Photo by Lisa

My safari/world travel themed nursery has begun to take shape this week. I drew inspiration from the DwellStudio Menagerie crib bumper that I purchased from Target. All of the materials for the art were bought at Michaels. I found the most AMAZING handmade paper at the Michael's in Woodbridge, VA. I must of looked like a crazy woman since I spread out all of my paper choices on the floor and started mixing and matching my combinations. (I was in paper heaven!)
I am not a free-handed artist so I found images of the animals I wanted for the art and traced them onto my gorgeous paper. Each piece of art cost me less than $10 to make and saved me a bundle.






My next art project for the nursery involves world maps so if anyone knows of a good place to buy some please let me know. Stay tuned!

1 comment: