Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Refreshing Green

Picture from the dailygreen.com

The refreshing smell and taste of limes and lemons are something I enjoy throughout the year. These yummy citrus fruits do double duty for me at parties as food and decoration.

Picture taken by Lisa Flory

This was a centerpiece I put together for my father's retirement party. After the party I sent some of the fruit home with people who helped out and I am sure they were used in pies, drinks, and other delicious creations. 
Picture from gardenpartysisters.com

Sliced limes used as a vase filler is a great accent to the equally beautiful yellow flowers. This is such an inexpensive way to add some color and cheer to your party. So next time you're at Costco do not be intimidated by the big bags of limes. You now have endless ways to enjoy them!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment