Thursday, September 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home - Anna's Room


My daughter Anna has A LOT of spunk for such a small and adorable package. I wanted our home to exude calm and our daughter's rooms were no exception. So as opposed to using bright and bold colors on the walls I chose to accent with them. Anna's room was painted in a soft blue (which matches her eyes by-the-way) and blush pink curtains. 

I got the idea of covering wood letters in fabric from Pottery Barn Kids and thought that looked easy enough. WRONG!
I bought the letters from Michaels and the frabric from Walmart. After I cut out the fabric for the letter I tried using a spray glue to attach the two. Very bad idea. This had to be hand glued slowly and by each curve and corner. This was a messy and pretty time consuming project but I LOVE the results. It is definitely worth doing.



Anna has the appetite of a little bird and she hopes around like one too. Hence the nickname "Little Birdie".
 The letters were bought at Michaels and painted white. The birdhouses were also bought at Michaels and painted and stenciled by myself. This project cost less than $10 to do and it was SO easy to make!


I continued with the bird theme to the opposite wall with birdhouses purchased at Michaels (again) and painted by myself.


The "storytime nook" is a BIG hit. I bought the mosquito net at IKEA and covered the pillows with the help of my mom. This has become a napping place for the cats as well. 
The picture over the bookcase is a gift I painted for Anna's 1st birthday.

Anna loves her room and I must say I'm pleased with it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment