Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


With only a few days until Thanksgiving I am sure you are busy getting last minute groceries bought and table linens ironed. I have been doing the same.
With the menu written down and everything organized for a smooth Thanksgiving meal I thought I was ahead of the game! Until I realized I did not have a centerpiece idea or place card  idea.
I had never heard of the word pomander before but I had seen them all over Colonial Williamsburg and loved them. This is super easy to make and smells even better. Simply buy some oranges and whole cloves and push the cloves into the orange in any pattern you desire.


This was the inspiration for my place cards. I already have the materials needed. Just draw the letter onto the orange with a pen, poke holes along the lines with a push pin and then insert the clove. This is a great gift for your guests as well.

Whether you are on the road traveling or busy in the kitchen, I hope you have a low stress, warm and loving Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment