Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall Entertaining - Firepit and S'mores


You're killing me Smalls! These are s'more's stuff! Alrite now pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the 'mallow. When the 'mallows flaming... you stick it on the chocolate. Then cover with the other end. Then you scarf. Kind of messy, but good! (As said by Ham Porter in the movie Sandlot)

S'mores are the epitome of comfort snack to me. If the day has been long and hard my husband and I will pour ourselves a tall glass of milk and make s'mores in the microwave. You may think that the only way to make a s'more is over a fire but I beg to differ. 

This wonderful invention, that I use, can have you eating s'mores in seconds. I HIGHLY recommend it.
However, this entry is not about making s'mores in your microwave. The Fall is a wonderful time to light up the fire pit and hold a S'more Making party.


This gourmet s'mores table, that was inspired by Jennifer of Cookie Creatives, is exactly what I imagine a s'mores making station to be. There a various flavors of marshmallows, types of graham cracker (honey, chocolate and you could even have cinnamon) and things to sprinkle such as salted nuts and toasted coconut.
The galvanized buckets are perfect containers for the marshmallows and easy to find and Michaels and Walmart. Labeling the s'mores fixings helps avoid a traffic jam at the table.


Your imagination is really the limit of your s'mores making combination's. This tasty treat is made up of gingersnaps, marshmallow and caramel filled chocolate. YUM! You can even include fruit such as bananas and strawberries on your sweet sandwich.


No party is complete without party favors. This adorable package of s'mores fixings is sure to send your guest away happy.


With the holiday's fast approaching I thought I would include a quick gift idea for you. This is a simple, inexpensive and sweet gift that would be great for teachers, neighbors, hostess gifts or for yourself after the stress of holiday planning.
I hope you enjoyed this delicious ideas for a S'mores party and don't forget to share the fun with those you love!

2 comments:

  1. You're Killing ME!!!! Fall, smores, outdoor fire! What time? I'll be there!!! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you are not counting "points" anytime!:)

    ReplyDelete