Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall - More Inviting Entries


One of the many great things about Fall is the abundance of natural things you can use to decorate with. Leaves, acorns, pumpkins, gourds....the list goes on. Pumpkins are one of my favorite Fall things and I will devote an entire week of my blog to the many uses of pumpkins.

I like this take on displaying your house number in a festive manner. Most people don't think of carving pumpkins for a practical purpose but I like the different approach.


It is at this time of year that I begin filling pots with things that will stay green from now until next spring. I am not the best waterer in the cold months so things usually stay green until Christmas and I am back to bare pots. This year I vow to be more attentive. (I will let you know how that goes)
This assortment of pumpkins and simplicity of evergreens is beautiful and very welcoming.

I have used kale and winter cabbage to decorate my front porch for many years and have never thought to incorporate white lights into them. This is a beautiful display and can span through the holidays of fall and winter.

Whatever the season, a decorated entry to your home is like a warm hug to all who visit. 
Make it your own and have fun with it!

1 comment: