Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Celebration - July 4th food


July 4th is a time to celebrate many things. Our freedom, the beginning of summer, and a lot of fun to be had outdoors!
A hot day calls for something cool and sweet to drink. I love these patriotic parasols that you can stick into any beverage.  I would even use them to stick into sandwiches to keep them together.

Good Housekeeping

This red strawberry tea sounds perfect for any reason to celebrate. The blueberry skewers are festive and a quick addition to make to your drinks.

Better Homes and Gardens

This yummy dessert will be requested on days other than July 4th. It almost looks too pretty to eat!

Martha Stewart

My old reliable chocolate covered pretzels are great for that outdoor picnic under the fireworks. My girls have already requested it and your family will love the snack.

Martha Stewart

This is a recipe I want to try this July 4th. A sandwich of cookie and jam is another great picnic addition. One alteration I would make would be to make half of the sandwich cookies with jam and the other half with a chocolate/hazelnut spread for my husband who does not care for fruit fillings. This recipe has many possibilities!


No comments:

Post a Comment