Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Beach - Outdoor Accents

Martha Stewart

I leave for vacation in a couple of days, to visit my first love (as my husband refers to it) the ocean. Since I have it on the brain (as I always do) I thought I would spend some time on ways to decorate, accent, and simplify your home in a coastal way.


I may live in an area surrounded by mountains but I find every way that I can to bring the coast to my home.
I loved this idea of creating a centerpiece with very large shells. Just looking at it transports me to the beach.

Pottery Barn

Outdoor curtains are HUGE right now. I see them in most decorating magazines as solutions to "soften" the right angles that are present on porches, under deck's, and other outdoor spaces. Add wind chimes tinkling in the wind and you have brought the resort to your home!



No comments:

Post a Comment