Thursday, May 27, 2010

Flowers & Food Fit For Tea


Whenever I am waiting in line at my local Starbucks I am always drawn to the tea tins they have lining the counter. They all look exotic to me, as if each one has come from a distant land. Some may have traveled from great distances or just a state over but I like to let my imagination go every now and then.
This is why I love this idea of using tea tins as vases for your floral centerpieces. It completes the theme but also sends the mind whirling, trying to find the story behind the tea.


Hydrangeas are a great centerpiece because of their delicate appearance and a few stems can fill a vase easily.

I've always heard of cucumber sandwiches being served at tea parties. I'm not a fan of cucumbers but I do love little sandwiches. Adjust the menu to your taste and that of your guests.



Something sweet is a MUST at any party but definitely at a tea party. Miniature cupcakes are great for the bite-sized portions found at tea parties and these macaroons look decadent enough to eat more than just one.


Finally, make sure you have a balance in your savory and sweet food. It is easy to sometimes favor one over the other. (I obviously favor the sweet!) 
The time of day that your party is held will help direct you towards your food choices. For example, some warm chocolate croissants would be great for a breakfast tea party. Pastry cups filled with chicken salad would be great for a luncheon tea party.

No comments:

Post a Comment