Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Puppy Birthday Party Inspiration - Banners


I may have mentioned in the past that our one and only party supply store closed last year and I took it hard. Where was I going to find all of my supplies? It has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. This has steered me in the direction of learning how to make my own party decor. 
I used the above banner as inspiration for my daughter's birthday party. The colors are pink, purple, and green and a paw print separates the words.
*Pictures will follow next week*

Country Living

As you know I am not a seamstress. I would love to learn how to sew and it is on my list of things to do. So, when I bought some puppy printed fabric at our local Walmart I wondered: 1. What am I doing buying fabric? and 2. Prayed that the lady cutting my fabric didn't ask what me any questions that involved sewing lingo!
I used fabric, ribbon and glue for my pennant banner and it turned out very well I must say.
The only thing I would change for my next banner would be to actually sew the pennants onto the ribbon as opposed to gluing them on. I am learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment